Mezcal Metiche Salmiana 40
Brand Mezcal Metiche
This product is coming soon
Crystalline color with silver sparkles, agave, citric, and herbal aromas with a touch of oregano, mint, and anise. Intense richness, yet not agressive. Pleasant acidity that leaves a sense of freshness, long aftertaste, high viscosity, soft, sweet, and with mineral notes reminiscent of the soil of the potosiano plateau. Unsmoked.
- Region: San Luis Potosí
- Agave: 100% Wild Salmiana matured at 10-13 years.
- Grinding: Tahona mill, tractor drawn stone
- Cooking: 3-4 days in stone ovens heated with steam produced by a cauldron filled with local plant species, named mezote, representing a balanced use of the natural resources, eliminating the introduction of fuels derived from petrol, and producing an intense, soft, and unsmoked flavor.
- Fermentation: Natural, indigenous yeasts in masonry tubs for 3-5 days.
- Distillation: Double distillation in a copper stills